Insignia Roku TV Keeps Rebooting
If your Insignia Roku TV keeps rebooting, it is more often due to a network connectivity issue. Besides, there could also be software update inconsistencies or the TV may require servicing.
We suggest this simple and easy troubleshooting mechanism:
- Remove the power cord, and the given battery.
- Hold the power switch down for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Then, remove and reinstall (Roku.com/link) your memory module.
Try a good HDMI cable, as sometimes HDMI cable can be faulty.
- Check the source of power supply if it is defective.
If the issue still persists, try the following tips which may be useful.
- Check if your TV need a software upgrade. Since the software is free, you can easily upgrade the TV.
- Get the software upgrade information from the insignia manufacturer site.
- Check the cable from the IR rec, as sometimes the cables may need to be rerouted. You can also try re-soldering the vertical IC which may possibly fix the issue.
Alternatively, you can also choose to do a factory reset. Follow this procedure if Insignia Roku TV keeps rebooting to do a factory reset.
There are two ways in which you can perform a factory reset. Read further to know to know how it can be done.
- Press Home
- Then go to “Settings”
- Choose “System”, and then opt for the advanced system settings.
- You will find the option Factory reset under the advanced settings.
- By clicking on it, the device resets itself.
The Insignia Roku TV has a great piece of hardware, which works excellently. However, there may be moments when you experience the reboot issue. Most of the times, users resort to a reset of the device when they have problems with the device.
Though the soft reset is regarded as the best solution, it might erase your current settings and preferences. Hence it is preferable to speak to our customer care experts at +1-855-626-1730 and seek their guidance if Insignia Roku TV keeps rebooting before you try to reset your device. You can also visit our website for more information