Do You Need a Separate Roku Box for Each TV
If Roku streaming media players have only one HDMI output port then do you need a separate Roku box for each tv? Technically, if you have two televisions, you will connect each of them to a separate Roku device. Each of the devices is activated separately and all are linked separately to a single Roku account.
Add and delete channels on all your devices simultaneously. For a private viewing, link each of the devices to a separate Roku account and each of these accounts should be created separately.
In this article, there are steps to create a single account and manage all your devices and also steps from creating multiple accounts and linking the devices separately.
If you have a single account and multiple devices, do you need a separate Roku box for each tv?
- With a unique email address, create a Roku account in the SIGN-UP page
- Set a password for your account
- Other details needed for this process:
- Your name, billing address and payment information
- Set your preferences and a PIN for the account
Note: Sometimes, the PIN is not required for making a purchase depending on your preference settings.
- Link all the devices to the created account (Roku.com/link)
- On the home screen of your account, access the LINK A DEVICE option
- For a single TV, switch it on and obtain the activation code
- Enter the code in your account in the LINK A DEVICE page and submit your option
- The TV is added to your account and the activation is successful
You can follow the above steps for the other appliances and devices
If you have multiple accounts and multiple devices, do you need a separate Roku box for each tv?
- Go through the steps for the account creation process
- As above, link the devices and the accounts
- For one Roku device, switch ON the TV and get the activation code
- Enter this code in your account in the LINK A DEVICE page
- Submit your option and go ahead and create another account for the second player
If you are still confused if do you need a separate Roku box for each tv then reach out to our team for some guidance at toll-free +1-855-626-1730.